Nate Nanzer took the stage at Overwatch League Media Day to make some opening remarks on the League and season one which begins tomorrow. Here is a short breakdown!
All of the Overwatch League teams are in attendance today as Nate Nanzer the Commissioner of Overwatch League made his remarks. Here are some quick facts:
- All the Team Skins will be out!
- Over 312 Team Skins will be patched in Overwatch for fans and players.
- Twitch then took the stage to talk about their long-valued history with esports.
- Twitch has signed a 2-year Partnership with Overwatch League.
- Twitch will broadcast all matches in English, French, and Korean. There will also be viewer incentives and cosmetics.
- Live streaming will also be available on the app and OverwatchLeague.com.
- MLG.com will have some of the games, but not all.
- Partnership with OMEN by HP.
- LA Valiant to move to the Microsoft Theater for OWL Season 3, leading us to all-but-confirm that Season Two will be played in Los Angeles at the Overwatch Arena.
Right now, that is everything we have from Media Day. More will be incoming soon as teams take the stage and talk about their own direction and design. Expect to be watching all of the games on Twitch this season!
We’ll be updating this post as new details come out!